Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Preserved in Time



As requested another blog. Pictures will be coming soon, of our new weed wacker. I will have to get some action shots, but we are going to be super busy. Tonight is Josh's last umpiring gig for the summer, tomorrow night I will be working at the gym, Friday night we will be enjoying the music of Boston at the Great Jones Co. Fair, then heading up to the Gutt, Saturday I will be going on a Poker Run and Josh will be golfing, then Sunday we will be helping out at the motel. That leaves little time for weed wacking, but don't worry I will get some pictures. I know you are all concerned, waiting in anticipation.

Monday night we made the trek out to the Devonian Fossil Gorge. The spillway at the Coralville Reservoir turned up this gem in 1993. With the recent flooding it has turned up more fossils and eroded away more land. You will see in the pictures a few fossils as well as pieces of rock that were cut out. These cut outs are from the government, they take the rare fossils out of the gorge and hopefully will put them on display in the visitor's center. Basically they rob them before the public has a chance.

Other than that we are baking in the heat once again. It is super hot and the humidity is super high as well. I work where we have no air conditioning, so I think I have lost 5 pounds just standing and sweating or I wish. Also we are still waiting for our first ear of fresh sweet corn, the weather this year has really screwed things up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have fun at the Poker Run!