Search This Blog

Thursday, July 10, 2008

A 50 cent investment


So my love for fountain pop took me to the nearest Delimart. (I know, I know another blog about fountain pop, read on it gets better.) Also as surprising as this is I was on a return trip from Menards. I called Josh to see if he would like a fountain pop too. He couldn't resist.

I pulled into the Delimart. I needed a fountain pop and had wanted a candy bar all day long. I also grabbed 2 quarters. I play the Lottery Pull Tabs, when I go to the delimart. You can get tickets for only a quarter. The prize is not a million or anything, but it is still a prize.

I walked up to the machine, and was dissapointed when I found the 25 cent ticket to be all sold out. So I plopped my 2 quarters into the machine and decided to go for the better payout, 50 cent ticket. Out spit a ticket. I went near the fountain pop machine, where apparently I was standing in the way of people. I pulled the first tab, oh there was a blue line, I then pulled the next tab and then the third tab (there are 5 tabs on a ticket.) I was thinking, oh another 50 cent winner or maybe a dollar. I looked down and it was a $38 winner!!! Then some guy said excuse me and needed to get by, I said no problem I just won. He said I must be good luck.

It wasn't the top prize on the ticket, but now my pops were paid for and my candy bar, not to mention a few extra dollars in the pocket. I was so happy, I could put some gas in my car, but sadly not fill it up. For those who are skeptical about the lottery, remember you can't win if you don't play.

I also stopped this morning for a fountain pop when I pumped some gas into my car. This time I stopped at a Kum N Go. I have blogged about my love for this establishment as well. The people at this Kum N Go were so nice and friendly. With all the stupid people in the world, it was nice to run into a friendly one. So sometime when you are bored, stop for a fountain pop and see where it gets you.

No comments: