Search This Blog

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Traveling home, hasta lluego Mexico



A sad day, we had to go back to snow and cold.

In tru fashion I woke up at the ass crack again. I wanted to see the sunrise, so we headed to the beach with the camera. We caught the guy who was grooming the beach with a special machine. Finally the sun came up. It was kind of cloudy, but it was still fun to watch. We waved good bye to the beach, and headed to the buffet for one last feast.


Our bus was leaving at 9:30, we were packed and in the lobby and ready to go. WE hopped a bus that was non stop to the airport. A beautiful day and we had to miss it to travel back home.

We got to the airport, checked in with our airline, then had to get through security. After security was a huge store to buy things, alcohol at 3 for $20 bucks. Then we boarded the plane and were on our way to Memphis.

We were outside of New Orleans when we hit some turbulence. There was a storm system that we were flying into. I hate flying so this just made it worse. Luckliy the plane was big enough so that it wasn't too bad.

We got into Memphis and this is where we had to go through customs. SO we had to get our bags again, and remember to put any liquids that we bought at the store in cancun in our checked bags. Then go through security again. Nothing like a little travel hassle. WE had a small layover so we grabbed some BBQ.

After a gate change we were on the plane headed to Moline. WE get on the runway and get ready for take off, get winded up and then the pilot hits the brakes. It is as if the wheels had locked up, I am in panic mode. I want to get off the plane and got back and sleep in the airport. So the pilot turns it around and we get ready for take off #2. It was a success and we are in the air. There is no explanation of what just happened.

The flight attendant annouces there will be some turbulance, but if she can serve us she will. However there is no water on the plane, no ice, and no water in the bathroom. WE can have pop or alcohol. Then not 10 minutes go by and she annouces that since the ride is too rough we will get no service.

She wasn't kidding this 50 minute flight feels like 6 hours. The turbulence is horrible, the plane keeps dropping. I am in tears, I pull my hoodie over my head and keep checking my watch.

Finally I can see lights on the ground, we are getting close to landing. Then we make the approach to the runway. WE land, and it is windy and slightly icy, I believe we skidded to a stop. The worst ride ever!

While waiting for our bags I laid down on the ground and gave it a big ol hug, oh how I hate to fly!

What a beautiful vacation, we hope to all go somewhere similar again. hope you enoyed my adventures and my story telling

No comments: