Search This Blog

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Here comes the bride


Monday was the wedding day. So in true fashion I woke up at the butt crack of dawn to get to the beach. WE hit the pastry shop for breakfast and coffee, then went to lounge. The weather was sunny and windy, but it was definetly not cold.

We lounged around until about noon, after we grabbed some lunch it was time to get cleaned up for the wedding. I went to Amber's room where she was getting her hair done. DaMel was going to do Amb's hair as she is a hair stylist by trade.




When Amb's hair was done, Damel gave my hair a shot, did Amb's make up and gave mom a do. Amb also got stuffed into her dress. It was approaching 3pm, time for the ceremony. I forgot to put my old lady support undies on so I quickly had to go switch, told the ladies I would meet up with them. However after I changed I couldn't find them any where. They had already left for the beach, ARGH!!!! so it was like I was late.




Josh had been hanging out on the beach and the wedding before us they played the Iowa fight song at the end. There was another group of Iowans at the resort, and strangley they were the neighbors of Carthey's sister or something crazy like that. They were from Davenport too, small world. There were lots of hawkeye fans every where we looked.

Anyway we got to the beach. I walked down to the alter with Irv. It was a beautiful day! We made sure to strike a pose before we got there. Then it was time for Amb to walk down with dad. I am not sure I got a good pic of this as dad was constantly talking through every photo, telling some story.

The minister dude was a very quiet talker, and kept calling Josh, John. The ceremony went off well, and Amber and Josh were married for the second time.




It was now time for pictures on the beach.






After pictures, we agreed to all sit around and gab with everyone. Supper was to be at the World Cafe buffet again. WE sat around and drank, then ate supper. It was a great time!





AFter the wedding festivites, there was a hipnotist. Berka thought he would go give it a try. I think he was really hypnotized and carried out the actions, which had me laughing to tears. Then I think he actually fell asleep on stage (imagine that) and then he was not hipnotized anymore. After that there was Monday Night football on the beach. The screen was huge!!!! it was awesome, a lounge chair, beer and snacks on the beach. After that we hit up the Disco, where a magician who looked like Dog the Bounty hunter was finishng up.


It was a long day of drinks, food and sun. We sipped the remainder of our chelads and hit the sack.

No comments: