Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My first Heart Attack

Ok so I really didn't have an actual heart attack. However watching my beloved Hawkeye football team about caused me to have a heart attack on October 24th, when the team traveled to Michigan State for another night game.

The game was close and back and forth, until late in the game when MSU scored a touch down to take the lead with only about a minute and a half left in the game. We needed a touch down to win the game, a field goal wasn't going to do it.

So I was at home by myself, poor Josh had to work an Iowa volleyball game. I was so nervous, i was sitting on the edge of the coffee table, I couldn't take it. Then Josh came home. Volleyball was over.

Iowa had managed to march down the field and make it within a yard or less of the goal line. It was 4th down and there were 2 seconds left on the clock. Iowa had taken its final timeout. Ahhhhh, I am dying just writing this. Are we going to win and go on to make our record 8-0 for the first time ever in school history?

WE are marching and pacing, and yelling at the tv....finally the timout is over and the hawks line up...the ball is snapped, Stanzi fires to McNutt in just outside the end zone, he crosses the line, TOUCHDOWN IOWA!!!!!! Hawks Win, and go on to be 8-0, first time in school history. Josh and I are jumping up and down, now we are yelling and screaming for joy. Is this happening??? SO awesome!!! GO HAWKS!!!

We then still haven't eaten supper so we go over to the Okoboju Grill for some eats, where we catch a snippet of the MSU coachs post game interview, he is about tears, he is a wreck. Ok so we listen to what he has to say and he says nothing good about the hawks and gives no credit to the hawks. He is a A-hole. If we didn't show up to play the game, you wouldn't have a football game, so give us some credit!!!

Anyway my near heart attack for the week, and I survived. Here is to thinkig the next game, which is at home versus Indiana will be an easy one.

No comments: