Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

It's a Hawkeye Homecoming

October 9th, 2009. The annual homecoming parade in downtown Iowa City. This year I managed to catch the bus near our house and got downtown in record time. I met up with Jolene. I had brought along our 2 chairs. It was a little cool out but not too bad. WE stopped for some coffee before finding the perfect spot for the parade. We set up our chairs near the corner of Iowa Ave and Clinton St, in front of the Iowa Book store. We thought we had a pretty good view. So we enjoyed the parade for a while.


But then after awhile it seemed as if the crowd was getting out of hand. We were near the front row of spectators, until everyone kept creeping into the street. I don't think they understood the whole parade concept that the parade will pass in front of you, you don't need to keep creeping out and look at the parade coming down the street. IT was crazy, and the people smoking, bleck!

It was finally over. I guess I am too old for this? I don't know next year we will be prepared.

After we moved our butts from our parade location, we went to Jolene's car to warm up, it was getting chilly. Then we went back downtown to the pentacrest to wait for the Temptations to perform. The opening act was Augustana. They were your typical college band, ok, but not impressed.
The Temptations took the stage, and they were awesome. Ok so only one of the original members is still with the band. But they all knew the dance moves and sang beautifully.


Someday when I have nothing but time I will load some video of this.
It was a cold night, but time to go home.

No comments: