Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Is it all tricks and no treats??


Saturday October 31, 2009, Indiana at Iowa. Amber comes in town to go to the game with me. WE start the day off with a little tailgating.


Then I have to get to the stadium, I am so anal. We get there early, Amber gets a pretzel and I try one of the walking tacos, which is a mistake as I end up burping this for the first half.


This game is supposed to be an easy one, but when Indiana scores first and takes the lead and then keeps adding to the lead, it becomes clear this is going to be a tough game. The hawks finally score and we go into half time.

The highlights of halftime were the 1980 final four team and coach Lute Olsen and the marching band, being Halloween and all the band performs a Michael Jackson show, and as expected they do thriller. But this time it was different the band dances!! I was only able to catch a small piece of that but here it is


Halftime is over and now it's time for the longest 3rd quarter in hawkeye football history. I believe in this quarter alone Stanzi threw 4 interceptions...in total on the game he throws 5. AHHH can this get any worse??

Finally with about 13 minutes left in the 4th quarter things start to go our way. Sash rescues a fumble and takes it to the end zone for a touchdown. Then the next play Stanzi makes one throw and it is good for a touch down, and we proceed with this luck on the next posession and get another touchdown. I almost had to kick amb out as she had not been to any of the games this year, i thought she was the bad luck.

The hawks turn the game around, come from behind and win the game 42-24. the game had loads of contoversy, Indiana felt they were robbed of 2 touchdowns, blah blah blah. We came to play football, so we win!! GO HAWKS!!! 9-0 baby! first time in school history!!! The pressure to be undefeated is just tooo much. I think I almost had another heart attack, I am too young for this crap. I just hope they can carry on and win against Northwestern

No comments: