Search This Blog

Monday, December 29, 2008

Update...


Well I have gotten behind in the blogging. The holidays really take it all out of you. Well to update you, Tuesday night was the midnight shopping extravaganza, however the weather was not the best, so Amber and McKenz did not join in on the fun. It was just me, Josh and Dad. We managed to hit all the stores before they closed. Dad's new favorite store is Gordman's, but he is mad at me cuz i would only let him stay a half an hour. Josh and I got home about 3 am, I stayed up to wrap all my gifts, and hit the bed at 5 am. Dad got home around 4.

On Christmas eve I slept to about 9:30, Josh was already outside shoveling snow. We then packed every inch of the car with gifts, food and the dogs and headed out to Plato. Josh decorated the Christmas tree, I made 2 batches of Chex Mix, we cleaned some veggies, made a pecan pie, and the potato soup. By the time we got around to taking a break, Amber and Josh showed up and the party was on.

In the meantime Dad had been putting together some beverages in the crock pot, while making oyster stew. One crockpot had a mulled cider/cranberry/orange concoction and the other was an alcoholic rendition of wassail, it was "good" er strong.

We all sat around drinkin and eating, it was 8:30 before we knew it, so we decided to open a gift or two.

No comments: