Search This Blog

Monday, December 22, 2008

Cold Enough?


Right now my computer says it is zero degrees. That is without the windchill. At least it is supposed to warm up into the 20's, which also means snow. It is Christmas so not going to complain, and I don't mind it. What I think is funny though is the people who do complain. We live in Iowa, it's December, it's winter, what do you expect to happen? Move to the equator I guess.

So do you all have your holiday shopping completed? I sure don't. This year as every year, the holidays have really snuck up from no where. At least I have the 23rd to shop, that is the midnight shopping extravaganza. For those of you who do not know, it has been tradition for many years now, ten years maybe, to go shopping for all hours on the 23rd. My dad, sister, Josh and McKenzie all pile into the car and hit all the shops before they close, usually starting with the one that closes first. Wal-Mart is open 24 hours, so is Hy-vee. The night usually ends after midnight. Last year was a snow storm, we were the only people out, so parking was no problem.

A little note about the picture with this post. We got the tree up and decorated, just before midnight one night. Being the night owl I am, I thought well we better take a picture while we have time. So I got the camera tripod out, and got things into place. Josh grabbed both dogs by the collar, then I pushed the automatic timer on the camera and raced in front of the tree, and grabbed Halen and then the flash went off. We went through this process before we had something decent, that is why Kona is licking and looking up. It was quite the photo shoot.

No comments: