Search This Blog

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Lucky


We have been busy in the past few days. On Tuesday night we went to Old Chicago. In June they took on 6 feet of floodwater, and they reopened. We had to go check it out. Their kitchen is open until midnight, so it is great to have them back again. They also serve Dr. Pepper in their fountain pop selection, as you all know how much I love my fountain pop. They also pride themselves in their 110 beers, that is what Josh likes.

Wednesday at noon I took the dogs out to my parents house. Kona and Soda (my parent's dog) still have to learn to get along. Well all went well, (despite the fear in kona's stance in the picture)Kona ran around in circles while Soda tried to chase her, it was a good time. Kona and Halen managed to roll in some stinky animal or something, lets just say it wasn't a pleasant ride back to town. Kona, the stinkiest got a make shift bath at work with some dish soap.

While I was at home I picked up, er borrowed some apples. They have an apple tree that has a couple types of apples on the one tree. A few years back one limb fell off the apple tree, however that limb grows a more red type of apple, and the other side of the tree grows a larger greener type of apple. They are both delicious. Anyway I took some apples home to make some apple pie cake, I made 3 batches. That stuff is sooo good and soo yummy, thanks to Kate's mom for the recipe.

Now the part you have all been waiting for, my lucky streak. Well a few weeks back I was notified that I was a winner of a $500 gas gift card. Just like anything else I was skeptical, but the source was legitimate, so I followed up on it. This past summer I entered some of my 12304802938 pictures in an online contest "hit the road sweepstakes." The contest was to post pictures of places you have been in the USA, I posted a few from our vacations, and viola I am a winner. So yesterday when I came home to check the mail, i had a note to go to the post office to pick up a registered letter. I picked up the letter and it is my $500 in gas gift cards, so it is true. This is the best prize ever. The only down side is that it is for Shell gas, the nearest one is in Davenport or Cedar Rapids. I will have to go on a road trip to get my free gas, oh well it is free!! In other lucky news I won $0.25 on a pull tab the other day too, or I won my investment back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Ang, you are lucky! I think I know the best way to spend some of your $500 of gas...driving up to MPLS - WOOT! Congrats on your win and send me some apple pie cake asap!!

Ang said...

do they have shell gas stations up there? i am on my way