Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

NKOTB




So this past weekend Amber, my friend Jen and I road tripped to Chicago. We went to catch up with the past. That is right, the New Kids on the Block have reunited and are on tour. The nearest concert was in Chicago. So we pilled in the car and headed off to the concert. We had a hotel room close to the venue. We just needed to find a place to eat, but with 23908423908 women in town for the concert it was a struggle. Amber used her charm and got us into the nearby Chili's restuarant, where we had this waiter "from" jamaica. He kept saying Jyour Welcome, it got old fast. We scarfed down supper and headed over to the concert. We were surprised to find that Natasha Beddingfield opened for them, she was good.

It was then time for the concert. Lets just say that I was a huge fan when I was 12 and they had no problem making me feel like I was 12 again. These are grown men pushing 40ish that still dance and sing together. GOOD TIMES!!! Becuase of camera restrictions, and the bulk of my camera I did not sneak my camera in. However if you go to youtube.com and type in NKOTB + 10/24/08 you can find many performances from the show. The venue also served Mai Tais, it was great!

The next day we hoped the public transportation system to downtown Chicago for some shopping. When ever you have to take public transportation it is alwys interesting. It took over an hour to get downtown. We were near O'hare airport. We also ran into a homeless lady who decided to use the train as her toilet.

After a draining day of shopping and getting free candy courtesy of Chicago mayor Daley, we decided to take the trek back to the car and come home. It was a good time in Chicago, it is so close, nice to visit, nice to come home.

However this is a super busy time of the year, trying to get a million things done before it gets too cold. We need to rake our leaves so they can be picked up by the city on the curb, however it was super windy on Sunday, so we only got a few of those done. Got all myplants moved inside, then moved in the patio furniture, and cleaned up the garage. In the mean time I have been given a butt load (yes that is the technical term) of green tomatoes. The family really likes them pickled. So far I have about 50 jars done, it is a lot of work and consumes a lot of time. Thanks to Jolene for helping me. I am even experimenting with some jalepeno batches.

That brings me up to tonight, where I need to finish raking the leaves becuase they are scheduled to come tomorrow, more tomatoes to can and need to carve my monsterous pumpkin ( i have no idea what to make) I need more time. Good thing we turn our clocks back this weekend.

Speaking of this weekend, Josh and I are traveling to Champaign, IL to go to the Iowa football game. Josh has also been busy, he got a substate football game to ref this year, in amongst all the meetings and scheduling high school basketball games.

No comments: