Search This Blog

Monday, September 29, 2008

Lots to blog about


Argh!! So I had this blog already typed out...and it disappeared into cyber space. I think the problem occured when I tried to upload a video of Chuck Berry shakin his groove thing at the homecoming concert. Try this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLhhUAKMMP0

Well to make a long story short....last friday night was the Iowa Homecoming parade it started at 5:45 pm. So I thought I would be able to get out of work early to attend. I usually allow enough time to walk from our house, and get a ride from our neighbor who I meet up with to watch the parade. I was running late out of work, so then I thought I would catch the bus downtown. So I took 5 seconds to take a shower, then a few more seconds to make sure the dogs were ok, and grabbed my stuff and out the door. Well i was 2 houses away from the bust stop when the bus pulled away. I had been running down the block with no shoes on, there was no time and just missed the freakin bus. The driver could have at least looked my way. So there is was 5:20 and I had to book it downtown some way. So I laced up my sneakers and walked all the way downtown. Well I made it in 25 minutes, I am a speedwalker. I didn't miss one second of the parade.

After the parade was the coronation ceremonies and small pep rally followed by a concert. The opening act was a colleg band called Rooney, never heard of them, and I was super tired from walking so fast downtown that I had to sit and take a break. Then finally it was the headliner, Chuck Berry. If I can figure out how to load my video I will, I think it is too big a file for this, maybe I can link u-tube. Chuck Berry can still rock at 81 years young. The tempo of the songs are a little slower, but the guy still has it. At 81 I hope i remember to at least shower.

Then becuase it was 10:30 and most restuarant kitchens are closed Jolene and I made our way over to the IHOP for supper. It was a long night, all to wake up early for the foot ball game.

No comments: