Search This Blog

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Taco Pizza!


Well I have arrived in Guttenberg. I caught up on some cleaning and then jumped into the painting project in room #1 at the motel. It is now 12:30 am and I am just getting ready for bed. I don't mind painting it is easy, I have to put a second coat in the bathroom and finish the trim work and ceiling and then it will be done for now, then dad needs to finish the bathroom ceiling. This project all started with a leaky roof. So a coat of paint, a new roof, and a new ceiling in the bathroom and it will be better than ever.

I did take a break for supper an ordered a taco pizza from Joe's Pizza downtown, it is some good stuff. However there were no tomatoes. This tomato bacteria thing is for the birds, I can't wait for some Iowa grown tomatoes so taco pizza can return to it's normal state.

Well more work for tomorrow, the painting and weeding my flowers, the weeds have overtaken them. There is some rain in the forecast so hopefully I can get that project done. Mom and dad are scheduled to come up tomorrow for the weekend. So far there is one reservation at the motel. We were full and then they all cancelled for one reason or another.
Mom has been busy working, working and working. She does bookwork for an excavating company, a heating and air company, Plato Electric, North Overlook Lodge, Hardknocks, a local gas station, and I think that it is it. Dad has been busy wiring the new Mercy clinic in West Branch. He also spends lots of time exploring ebay.

Josh is back in Iowa City. He was supposed to umpire a baseball game tonight, but it was cancelled. He has a game tomorrow that is still on. I took Halen with me and left Kona behind for Josh to look after. Who knows how many pairs of shoes will be left when I return. Lucky for me I have my glasses with me, so she can not continue her mutilation of those.
Well this was a long post, hopefully someone is reading this out there. Have a good one!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Josh and Kona home alone? That is a recipe for trouble! Viva la blog.

Ang said...

well they both are currently alive!

Anonymous said...

man and dog can not survive on love (and shoes) alone!