Search This Blog

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sweet Summertime!


Summer is here, but instead of sweltering temperatures, it is a windy, partly sunny, 75 degree Sunday. It is a nice day, at least it is not raining.


It has been a while since I last posted. I have been busy. I finished the painting (for now) in room #1 at the motel. Dad is still working on the bathroom ceiling, so can't finish up. Otherwise the room looks nice, it is amazing what a coat of paint can do for a room.


So on Friday I painted and pulled weeds, ate the remainder of my taco pizza while sharing it with Halen. Then Friday evening, Art and his wife Susan (family friends) showed up to have supper with us, they brought some taco pizza and sausage pizza. I hadn't had pizza for a long time, but after these few days eating only pizza I am good for a while.


Saturday, I painted some more. I was glad to get done, that room is not the biggest and when the weather is nice, it is hard to be inside. We also rented some motel rooms. I even managed to escape for a few mintues and grab some ice cream from the Pup Hut. Halen even got some. When the evening rolled around I was able to pack up and come home.


The best thing about traveling back and forth is the Kum N Go in Monticello. They have the best gas station popcorn around, so I always have to stop. Not to mention they have Dr. Pepper on the fountain pop machine and this summer they have a .59 cent promotion on a 32 ouncer. It is only a 2 hour drive, but that stop really makes it all worth the while. On another note, for those that need to travel between Solon and Mt. Vernon on hwy 1 there is a detour on gravel around the washed out road surface.


Which brings me up to today. It is nice to have a day off just to get caught up on all the things at home. Josh had to go get things squared away for the first sports camp since the flooding, so he is at work. We grabbed some lunch at the dorms together, which is nice becuase they have soft serve ice cream. I am doing some laundry, paying bills, throwing the frisbee to Kona, and spying on the new neighbors (they have a nice grill). Ok well I am not really spying, but just checking things out once in a while. We haven't really met them, but I met their 2 month old wienereimer (sp?) such a tiny little puppy.

No comments: