Search This Blog

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Look out for those tired juveniles

So last night I had to work at the gym. So at closing time, I locked the gym up and got in my car. I noticed this kid walking through the parking lot, no big deal. Then there was this kid on a bike that he was obviously too small for, casing the bike rack by the gym. AHHH, it was 8:30pm, perhaps time for the kids to be near their homes.

I am proceeding to our house and I pass the kid that is walking. He is using the center of the street as his sidewalk, as do most of the annoying juveniles in the hood. Then I pass the kid on the bike, using the whole road to ride, going from the center to the left side, seriously, use a sidewalk, someone wil hit you!

I sped home hoping the kid on the bike would not see where I was going, as he was near our house. I parked the car in the garage and went inside and got ready to eat supper. I went to open our blinds in the living room and there he was....

The kid that was on foot, was crouched down in the front yard and headed towards Jolene's driveway (neighbor) I told josh to turn off the lights so we could see out and he couldn't see in. By the time we got outside, the kid was no where to be seen....

Then he comes wandering out of our driveway, which kind of wraps to behind our house. Josh asks what he was doing...he says "I was tired" ok??? So Josh tells him there are other places to be and he walks north on Franklin St. If you were tired would you be scoping out the garages in the neighborhood?

So we decide to make a police report, nothing pressing, but if something were to happen in the neighborhood, we would want it on file.

then about 15 minutes later, the police actually drive by....I was stunned! Then the policeman actually stops and chats with us. This draws the neighbors outside and we all discuss the happenings. The police tells us, as we already know about the increasing juvenile crimes and activity in the area. He was very nice. As we were chatting a group of 4 kids walks by in the middle of the street. At least they knew the cops were in the area. Then the cop gets a call about some kids wandering the area and he drives away. We are still outside and see the cop driving by on adjacent streets and a second cop car.

At least on this incident we got some response. So that is the happenings in the hood....anyone got a house for sale?

No comments: