Search This Blog

Monday, November 3, 2008

Road Trip



After an evening of Halloween. I trick or treated with Ava, or supergirl, then Josh and I trekked downtown to see what all the college kids were wearing. I guess if you could make it slutty, it was a costume.
Well we made the trip to Champaign Illinois on Saturday to watch the hawks play some football. However the outcome was not that great. The hawks came back to tie the game, but that wasn't good enough, they would eventually lose by a field goal. Not only was the outcome a bummer, but so were the seats. Illinois thinks sitting people under an overhang where the score board is not visible are great seats. Yikes, they need more than one scoreboard, maybe one on each end?

I was also fortunate enough to sit to a nice lady. She predicted both interceptions, and she was very knowledgable about football. I wish I knew who she was, so I could sit next to her again. A nice change from the grumpy old lady who is very adamant about sitting directly on the center of her seat at Kinnick.

Anyway we made the trip and back in one piece. Also it makes the Big Ten football stadium list a little longer. We have been to Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Illinois. We have also been to Iowa State. Guess we will have to pick a different away game for next time.

No comments: