Search This Blog

Friday, November 14, 2008

It's getting cold...

Hey everyone out there is cyber space. How is life treating you? Are you gearing up for the winter and the holidays?

So last Monday night Josh and I caught up with the Iowa Rec Services for a night of bowling. We did alright, even managed a few strikes. There were four on our small team. I managed to beat Josh 2 out of 3 games, not bad. Bowling is fun, we should do it more often, someday I might break 150. Got to set my goals high. Also it is nice to go bowling now after they passed that smoking ban, you don't smell like a cigarette when you leave.

Then came Vetran's Day. Hope all you Vetran's had a nice day and were honored in style. Josh also did some basketball reffing. Wednesday came and went, well sort of, we got the front yard raked, as they are supposed to come pick up our leaves this weekend. Through the week I have been battling a small head cold, that was a lot of fun! Then it was Thursday, Josh attended a United Way function, I worked at the gym. Now it is Friday, woohoo time for the weekend. It is also a Men's basketball game. Should be a good time.

This weekend will have its fill of hawkeye events. Men's bball tonight, football tomorrow and women's bball on Sunday. That will keep us all busy.

For all of you who have been following my running progress, I know how involved you people are in this blog, I wont disapoint, here is an update. So I can now run for 38 minutes without stopping. I can run 3.1 miles, which is a 5k in 36 minutes and 30 seconds, which is fast for me. SO I have just about one week to go before the big race day. Who knows the weather could be the real factor, since the race is in St. Paul around a lake.

No comments: