Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Another 5K under the belt



On Sunday May 3, we ran another 5k. I have been battling shin splints, and with a hilly course, this 5k was horrible!! Well horrible for me, I ran 4 minutes slower than last week. Josh the running star came in 23rd overall, just missing 3rd place in his age group. He does not run, in fact he probably shouldn't be running with his repaired knee, but he is a stud! So with the end of that race, I am hanging up the running shoes for 3 weeks. I must heal my shin splints or my leg may fall off. As much as I like peg legged pirates, I would rather keep my leg. I have read that if you let shin splints go too long they will turn into stress fractures, so I guess it will be elliptical and biking for me.

On that note, I did get my bike tires pumped up and took the old bike on a small ride. I forgot how small that seat was and how one's ass is in pain for a couple of days. Also the bugs and gnats are out!!

No comments: